Friday, September 18, 2009

Whitesburg Workday

Faith Presbyterian volunteers included 13 people last Saturday. This mixture of all ages also included two families bringing their children. The group descended upon the Whitesburg campus about 9:00 am. I perceived it as an example of our Faith Family in action in our neighborhood. We all improved in our pruning, weeding, and clean up skills as we attempted to transform the court yard flower beds, trim the shrubs in the front and other areas of the school campus. Along side us was the principal, not sitting in his office but along side of us as well as the PTA president. Both were with us the entire time working hard to improve the grounds. As we left the campus, I saw visible signs of our efforts- branches of bushes piled high along the street and in the back of a truck, tools in stacks, and a transformed, cleaner campus. It was a good experience, a venturing of the Faith family connecting with neighborhood needs in our midst. I look forward to the next experience to continue the relationship. Hope that others will want to join us for the next venture!!

Sarah Curtis

1 comment:

  1. My personal note is that I was having another down biorhythm in my life at Faith and seeing a group of Faith folks pitching in together “restored” me!

    Dave McGhee

    ReplyDelete